Friday, January 25, 2013

Cloth Nappy Review: EzyPeezies Pull-up MCN

Cloth Nappy Review

Brand/business:
  EzyPeezies MCNs

Business info:
A Brisbane based company set up by a mother of 2. Ezypeezies aim to take the confusion out of cloth nappies for parents. They have one product, one size that genuinely fits your child right from birth to toilet training and a rainbow of gorgeous colours.
Nappy reviewed:
EzyPeezies pull-up mcn

Where you can find it:
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/EzyPeezies
Website : http://www.ezypeezies.com.au/pages/ezypeezies_v2

Price (RRP at time of review):
$25 but they are currently on sale for $19.95 if you get in quick (buys you 1 shell and 2 charcoal bamboo and microfibre blend inserts packaged in a small reuseable wetbag.)

Size:
OSFM

Style:
Pull-up pocket nappy

Baby's details:
Gender: Female
Age: 21mo
Height: 85cm 
Weight: 10kg 
Build: slim, tall

Jodi's review:
Initial thoughts:
Check out my previous blog post here for my initial thoughts and information on the new V2 fit and design.

After use:
I'm not going to lie to you -  we had troubles! There was even a time when I thought "I'm just not going to be able to review this nappy!" but I contacted the owner of EzyPeezies and let her know the trouble I was having and she made some really great suggestions. I tried them out and finally, we were in action.
So my mistake was - we do not own a single nappy that we snap down in rise - Piper is tall, a lot of her OSFM nappies that fit with plenty of spare snaps around the waist are almost too short in the rise now. She isn't me, she is like me stretched out ;-) So knowing this I didn't even bother trying the rise down low, we went straight with the fully unsnapped rise. My problem then was that we couldn't get the waist tight enough to tighten the leg holes whilst still pulling the nappy up and down. Once I snapped the rise down one (in fact half way through her wearing it I snapped it down another snap and found the fit even better!) it made such a huge difference. Snapped down one level the waist was still not tight enough until i snapped the arms in shorter - we almost needed to cross the fully extended arms over and so couldn't get them to work. Snapped down 2 the fit was even better and the arms met in the middle and weren't too low in the rise for her (just meant the arms fit at her hips and the nappy was more snug that way.) So if you try the fit you think will work and the pull-up just isn't fitting right try a few different rise and waist combo's - the fit we got in the end was perfect!

Photos:
Side squat - no gapes

With the arms snapped over we were still able to pull it up
and down easily enough but the fit still wasn't quite right on her...

Bum view

I asked her to show me her belly (hence
pulling her belly button) so I could get a
good pic - front view.

Arms unsnapped was but one arm was tighter than the
other so one leg had a bit too much room.

snapped down another rise setting - arms evenly snapped
perfect fit for piper :-)
EzyPeezies V2
From the EzyPeezies website - better description of the fit than my photos gave :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment